Sassafraz

It's Winterlicious time again, so we booked Sassafraz on Chela's request, as she's always had and interest in checking this spot out.



I had been here before one evening for drinks, and sat out on the patio to watch the night life go by. I wasn't overly impressed that night, and since then I haven't heard great things about this venue. It was a pleasant surprise when my aunt and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves in the posh ambiance with pleasant service. The food was delicious too!

We enjoyed a glass of our signature prosecco each to start. For our mains, I had the 6 oz. Canadian Beef tenderloin with grilled onion "smashed" potatoes, pea puree and lobster butter Americaine, and Chela had the Pumpkin Risotto with truffle infused wild mushrooms. Everything was delicious and impecable. The restaurant was completely packed and that affected our service a bit, but our server was very attentive and friendly. This is a great spot in an upscale area, with prices to match. We have been to other restaurants with the same enjoyable atmosphere and service, with better menus, for lesser prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment