Cafe Arepa

My aunt Chela and I have been on a hunt for good Venezuelan cooking, which is a surprising rarity in all that Toronto's ethnic communities have to offer. While browsing online for restaurants to visit this November, I found a small one that opened not too long ago, called Cafe Arepa.





An arepa is a traditional Venezuelan dish made of cornmeal, and kind of looks like an English Muffin. You can prepare them in any way you feel creative.





I washed down my Pabellon arepa with an amazing raw brown sugar cane lemonade. Chela had the pork and tomato arepa and quite enjoyed it.



The cafe was chic and quiet, pretty nice for not being a formal restaurant. The servers are ethnic and can answer many questions about the traditional cuisine. We had a nice time here, and enjoyed browsing this area of Queen street with its artsy boutiques on our way to the cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment