Ravi's and Alice's

This month, we went to my absolute favourite lunch spot for dinner: Ravi Soups! This little hole in the wall is a true diamond in the rough, never has food had so much flavour!



I simply had to take my aunt there to experience the Indian inspired food. I had my favourite curried apricot and lentil soup, and Chela had the roasted red pepper with curried shrimp and shallots bisque.



Ravi also makes daily soups like butternut squash and pear, chilled potato and leek soup, and smoked trout and artichoke. He also makes fantastic toasted wraps, like curried beef and mango with homemade salsa, fresh cilantro and edamame. I really could go on about how fabulous every item on his menu is, but suffice it to know there is nothing he's concocted that I, nor anyone I've brought along hasn't thoroughly enjoyed! Ravi also has a bright, quaint patio out back, nicely concealed from the bustle of Adelaide st.





For dessert, we went next door to Alice Fazooli's. We each had a glass of my Aunt's favourite sparkling wine, Prosecco. Chela had a chocolate cake special, and I had the Mascarpone cheesecake, which was heavenly.



We sipped on decaf espressos to sum up the evening of indulgence! I'm a fan of this chain; the service and food are consistent and never a disappointment. Can't make this a habit though, because you can taste the ample amounts of oil that's used in most of their dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment